I can’t get enough of the Mind/Body Connection - a.k.a. Psychoneuroimmunology.
The more I learn*, the more amazed I am!
Thoughts, feelings, and emotions
play a HUGE part in our overall well-being. Indeed, positive emotions boost Immune System functioning and overall health.
The body follows what is in the heart and
The reverse is equally powerful. Memories retained in our tissues (not
just the brain) affect our emotional experiences.
The thinking brain follows the feeling and sensory brains:
When the body is feeling better, the brain will follow.
IMMUNE SYSTEM: The Mind-Body Connection Who Gets Sick and Who Stays Well
- Health-Related Benefits of Humor and Laughter
- LISTENING TO THE BODY: Understanding the language of Stress-Related Symptoms
- Calming An Overactive Brain
- Understanding and Treating Generalized Anxiety and Related Anxiety Disorders
- 12 SELF-CARE SECRETS: Twelve Steps to Integrate Body, Mind
- Creating Healthy Boundaries
- Staying Well - Naturally
- Stress Reduction Through Bodywork
- Anxiety & Massage
- Psychoneuroimmunology for Bodyworkers
- The Mind/Body Connection
- Relief Within Reach: Massage & Stress
Stress, Anxiety & Depression is a running class theme, for good reason. Bodywork
(I’ve listed a few takeaways
from: Stress Reduction Through Bodywork, Anxiety & Massage, and Relief Within Reach: Massage and Stress, etc. here.)
is the science that investigates the Mind/Body/Immune System Connection. Memories live throughout our body,
soft tissue, and immune system. This means, when we address the physical body, and
bring it closer to balance and well-being, the mind will follow. More information on this can be found here > Our Body Stores Memories
Having a foundational understanding of how negative experiences impact
the body - AND how the body stores information that can, in turn, impact our mental and emotional health - offers a roadmap
for bodyworker that can effectively reduce stress and anxiety.
This is where the tools of my trade and my 28+ years of experience enter. It's also why I created the Stress, Anxiety & Your Secret 2nd Brain Presentation.